Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Family PVP

Last night was divorce number 99 for the wife and I. Yet again we got into a fight about WOW...but not about what you may think. I know your thinking to yourself that this is another classic example of how one person in a marriage ignores the other for a silly video game. Sometimes I wish that were true. No..our fight was about something more silly than that...she got ganked and I wasd not around to save her.

Let me back up the story a bit. I got my wife involved with WOW just a little after we celebrated our 1 year dateing aniversary. She always knew that I played WOW...she even knew what classes I was playing. One day she turns to me and says "Log onto the game.I am curious about it" Well needless to say I got myself all excited about the prospect of having a gamer in the house that I could teach and mold and guide and someone to drink and mash the keyboard with. So exactly what was I thinking?...hmmm nope, wasn't with mr willy...he was probably too knocked out from the whiskey when I said "Sure honey...lets get you started".

So the wife and I have been playing WOW together for 2 years now and for the most part it is not very fun at all. I get in shit for not leveling with her, letting her die in PVP, letting her die to a mob, not telling her which equipment is better, not helping her with quests, not logging on when she wants to play and I wanna sleep, I didn't build her computer well enough to stop any lag...the list goes on!

Anyone else have this issue? WOW PVP turns into Wife agro and PVP? I mean we have some real big fights about stupid crap in the game. Gone are the days when I could log on and talk with whom ever I wanted, join what ever guild I wanted, did what I wanted...hell I could even strip my nightelf down naked and no one would know what a perv I was being...but not now! I get home from work and there she is...yelling and screaming at the game and complaining about how she is getting ganked and for me to log on and help her.

Combine this with the fact that she is Irish, Scorpio and is a red head that loves to fight and drink booze...I am a freakin walking timebomb. So is it worth it having your spouse play along side of you? my answer is YES...why?...because you aint married to my wife you lucky mofo. I am sure there are many couples out there with the same issues and I am sure we will all say the same thing...never let WOW run your life.

I find myself still in the dog house for words exchanged in last nights rage. She tried to do the whole "Well your not gettin any tonight...stay on the couch" ofcourse I could not keep my mouth shut..."Couch is fine by me and I am getting plenty of something I should have had all along...PEACE AND QUIET"...meh...not my best comeback but still affective enough for me to get a comfy place to sleep with out the buzzing in my ear.

I pray she never reads this...

Moral of the story is...do everything with your spouse...but know your limits.

Now someone take me for a walk damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment