Monday, January 17, 2011

South Shore Tug-O-War

Does anyone else miss the good ol' days back when PVP was nothing less then zerging a small town in hopes that enough level 60's show up?...and yes I said 60's. I remember spending hours fighting on the grass between Southshore and Tarren Mill...and these fights were 10vs10 or even 15vs15. We called it the "South Shore Tug-O-War" simply because we could run away to our respective towns in case we got over run, heal, spell up and go right back at it again. This was what PVP was really meant for. My mage still has the "Knight-Captain" tittle from doing all the PVP killin way back in Vanilla. There were no BG's, no afk exper's, no 20min wait times...PVP was fun and you earned every HK you got...and yes I said HK. (back in the day HK stood for Honor Kills) You actually felt respected when sporting your PVP tittle. Even when they introduced some BG's it was still respected to have a PVP tittle, PVP gear AND the Frostwolf mount from AV...my mage was the shit...and I still get asked where I got my tittle from to this day...so where is the problem you ask? I will tell you where the freakin problem is!

Now all you do is cue up for a random BG, you get teleported (teleported? WTF? back in the day you had to run your ass to a portal to cue for BG's) into the BG, you all buff up, you run to your objective and then WHAP...your one shotted by some snot nosed Paladin with a big freakin sword, full PVP gear and sporting a nice shinny bubble...your kidding right? One shotted? So now your BG consists of you rezing and spam dieing until you decide to remain AFK for the rest of the BG or keep giving out HP (BTW HP stands for Hit Points AND Honor Points...nice job Blizz) to the OP Paladin...but if you cue up enough times you will eventually get your first piece of gear. Brilliant!...you wonder why peeps go afk and sport full gear? it is because they cue up and sit pretty in the AV towers until they cap then they run to our Keep and sit in the throne room until shit goes down...so AFKers are rewarded with PVP gear and levels? and don't even get me started on the whole "report AFK" fuck you button...it is messed up to say the least...maybe thats why in any given BG you will see someone type "Report xxxxx AFK"..do it yourself donkey nuts..oh wait...Blizz wants to make sure you don't keep doing it for no reason...so there is a penalty for it?

Sigh...anyone wanna meet up with me at Southshore and duel for old times sake?

Lastly I think I should mention the other epic battle that used to happen...remember X-Roads? that little shit hole in the Barrens with the entertaining 12 year old trade chat? yes i said trade chat...that channel used to be global...I remember having someone call for help over trade chat and mention that X-Roads was getting zerged...haveing 10 of us level 60's land only to meet up with 15 of them...oh the horror..oh the skeletons..oh the freakin alcohol nerd rage fun that happened...Saturday night, rum and coke, music on the TV, room mate out with his GF ( people have lives apparently outside of WOW...who knew?) sitting in my comfy Ikea chair, golden retriever at my feet and some face melters corpse under my mages housecoat...the only thing I had to worry about was what time Dial-a-Bottle stoped deliverying alcohol.

This shit is gonna get worse...next post should be fun.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment